October Update

Time for an update!

Regression 4 goes VRAL

Regression 4 is available on MMF VRAL until October 26th as part of a solo exhibition for the platform! Watch the film on their website, alongside a wonderful in-depth interview with Matteo Bittanti. I'd like to thank everyone from the MMF VRAL team for having me again! It's such a pleasure being part of MMF and MMF VRAL!

TRIGON (INCANTARO) Update

As shared in previous blog posts, a experimental visual study of the Nintendo Gamecube version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been in the works. I have a couple of new insights to share about this project. The current name for the project was 'Trigon'. I still used it as a bit of a work in progress name, and I have been finally able to give it a definitive name. The film will be called 'Incantaro', a word play on Incantare; the Latin name for Incantation, which is quite fitting for a film taking place in the Harry Potter universe. 

Editing-wise, I am excited to share that the edit has been (finally) officially locked now. A lot has changed in terms of style over the past few weeks. I wanted to use the same tempo found in AR3NA and Regression 4 initially, which resulted in the film clocking in at almost 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the slow pace found in both films did not suit Incantaro at all. I changed this by implementing a higher tempo in the edit, which decreased the runtime to 7.5 minutes in total. I found this to be more fitting, bite-sized and digestible in terms of the overall experience. The amount of shots will be a lot to take in perhaps, but I found the idea of 'burst  consumption' pretty interesting for this new machinima installment and to give it a try.

While the edit is locked, I still have a large number of shots to grade and a quite extensive audio mix to create. The audio mix will consist of only audio clips found from within the game, similar as to what I did with DUSK, which only used Left 4 Dead 2 audio clips. In terms of release date, there will be a bit of a set-back. The proposed release date of November 15th will not be feasible. I would love to release the film to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the game on that particular date, but because of work-related and private-matters it is really impossible to release the film on November 15th. I will, of course, keep all of you updated regarding a release date for the film, but expect (just as Regression 5) late 2023/early 2024.

Having that said, I'm heading back to work. See you soon for more updates!


Comments