Summer Production Plans

I wanted to use this opportunity to briefly discuss my upcoming plans regarding production for the remainder of the year. A number of things are in the works. I want to use this post to clarify everything a bit; to let you know where I am in the production/post pipeline on each of 'em and what you'd be able to expect for 2023. A number of these projects have silently slid into post-production already.

I have kind of decided to stop using any sort of planning and just to approach projects as open-minded as I possibly can and whenever I can. A lot of progress has been made with the projects over the past three months, just not as much as I wanted to with work, learning, programming and life happening, Each of these represent their high's, low's and levels of stress. I hope this might explain the extended time between blog posts and releases. Please bear with me on this. I will try to keep the update as short and swift as possible. Here goes:

  • Production for a number of projects that are said to release in 2023 or early 2024 has been successfully concluded.
  • Breaking Magical Boundaries (or APPOVTALK 3) was successfully streamed last month after two failed attempts. A total of four streams are viewable on the YouTube Channel right now. I am currently editing these four streams into one single video. This video is around 80% done. I have edited almost 10 hours of footage thus far and I hope to finish and release the full video in July. I will share a release statement on the blog once that happens and unlist the original streams as this video will replace those videos.
  • The other streams on my channel that are not related to Breaking Magical Boundaries have been unlisted until further notice. I did these couple of streams as a fun pasttime and as an stress-reliever during the past hectic few months but I feel that these streams are drifting the channel away from its core purpose: machinima.
  • I have spent the past few months deepening out some ideas I had for future films (2024 and beyond) and I am happy to share that these ideas are now 'production-ready' if I wanted to start on these. So, in a certain sense, I have somewhat a bit of a reference for a 2024 production grid
  • I will be starting post-production for the Quake III collaboration project next month in July. I don't have any information as to when it will be released as this is a joint-operation. Both parties involved will need to agree on this. Could be 2023. Could be 2024 as well.
  • I will start post-production on Trigon once Breaking Magical Boundaries has been released. The release date is in no way definitive, but I am aiming to release Trigon on November 15th, 2023; marking the 21st anniversary of the game; its first official day into adolescence.
  • The algorithm for DEPTHMAP DOMINION still needs some updates and additional functions and is not ready yet for film production after its last update in April. Therefore production on this title will resume once the algorithm works as intended. To save time I will move the front-end interpretation of DOMINION to a separate GitHub repository which no longer will receive any updates so that I am able to fully focus on the NPM version of DOMINION. I expect version 1.2.1 to be fully usable for production. Production start heavily depends on my time schedule and is subject to change. 
  • Three installments for Regression are in production. Two of them are ready for post-production and in theory, ready for a late 2023 - early 2024 release. This is heavily subject to change and I can't say anything about this right now. Two of these will take place in Grand Theft Auto V. The third film will take place in Grand Theft Auto IV and will be another long-form project, possibly even longer than AR3NA. The project made in Grand Theft Auto IV has all of its gameplay clips recorded, but I still need to transform all of those clips to dedicated shots. Considering I shot over 1000 gameplay clips, this will take a while. I took an insane amount of time deciding upon the order in which all of these films will be released, but I finally made up my mind. More installments will be produced after these three. I have not decided yet as to what these entail but I have a number of ideas I will be willing to try out. But that is future talk, like 2025 or the like.

Comments