April Update

It's been another month. Lots-a-stuff happening. So here we go!


My future in using social media

I said in the last post I considered using Vimeo to upload short trailers and snippets of my work in order to still give it somewhat of a purpose. I decided to come back from this decision. In the next weeks I will upload a short channel trailer there for A Pixelated Point of View and that will be about it in terms of Vimeo's use. From now on, YouTube will be the main place for me to upload all of my work.

In terms of other social media platforms, eventually,  the majority of my accounts (except YouTube) will be gone and be implemented in the A Pixelated Point of View website in some way. Once the A Pixelated Point of View Website is up and running (most likely in 2024), it will replace my Instagram, blogger and Behance and all of those accounts will be deleted. I want to have a minimal presence on the web myself and speak through my work, so to say. It also allows me to have one, single, centered, hub so to speak that revolves around everything A Pixelated Point of View.


Update on the re-uploading process

It's been a hectic couple of weeks. But! There's light at the end of the tunnel. Almost all of my work has been successfully re-uploaded again to YouTube. At the time of writing, only three films are still missing. These are: AR3NA, Pixelation and DEPTHMAP.

AR3NA has had its soundtrack significantly altered. In my opinion, there is much more consistency in this soundtrack than the original ever had and it even sounds a lot better than the original. It breathes much more eeriness now than its older brother and I can't wait to share the renewed AR3NA 2.0! I am currently still in the process of adjusting a couple of shots, and making a new credit roll. Once that is done, I am able to share the film hopefully somewhere early next week. The trailer will not return. The audio session ended up being corrupt and couldn't be recovered anymore. Only the main film will return on YouTube.

For DEPTHMAP and Pixelation, there is a specific 'atmosphere' I wanted to create with this film and the tracks I used really embodied that particular atmosphere I was after. It's kind of hard to find a proper replacement track for it, so I will start to pick up learning music production within now and a couple of weeks so I am able to recreate a custom audio track for both of these films. Unfortunately, this does mean that both will not return online until late 2023/2024. Of course, I will keep you posted about how things are progressing with their adjustments.


Release roster 2023

I am currently working on Regression IV. I don't have a whole lot to say about it yet. There's also nothing to share yet. I am currently in preparation to start production on the film. I am also working on a couple of console-based projects. One of the projects revolves around a Nintendo GameCube game, and one of them revolves around a Nintendo Switch game. Rest assured, their release will be coming soon. Perhaps, sooner than you might think. Production on the Quake III film I am making for someone else has been concluded. Post-production will commence soon and a release will take place in the near future. I'm not sure whether or not I already had said it in the past, but a new installment in the DEPTHMAP series called DEPTHMAP DOMINION is almost ready for production and will be released somewhere this year. 

There's a lot more cool stuff on the way. But more about that perhaps in a future update ;) 

Comments