August Update!

  • Production for ARENA is at 90%. Only 30 more maps need to be captured and I hope to finish up production at the end of this week with a bit of a buffer towards the beginning of next week.
  • I will start the mapping process later this week, and hope to finish mapping, recording and capturing during the fall of this year. 
  • I can give a release indication for ARENA with 95% certainty: november-december 2022.
  • A couple of maps had to be cancelled from the film due to lack of compatibility with Q3MME. Some maps crashed and some were in an unworkable state while inside the mod. My most educated guess right now is that ARENA went from approximately 204 maps to around 175.
  • As stated before, runtime remains most likely around 45-75 minutes. ARENA's aim is still to become my very first feature film. Music will also be composed by me after editing is complete using Ableton Live.
  • The film will be released on 2K SCOPE (2048x858) resolution, as 4K remains technically not possible with my current setup in Q3MME. As of this moment, 2K resolution is the highest possible resolution for output in Quake III Arena for me.
  • Besides ARENA, I had another film planned for release in late 2022 with a runtime of approximately 30-45 minutes. I had planned to release this film on November 15th due to the game's 20th anniversary. However, due to severe time constraints as my commercial projects are taking up more time and my overall workload has significantly increased the past few months, that project is pushed back to 2023. This project revolved around a visual study of a console-based game using various camera hacks and texture replacement mods. Instead of working on two feature film projects simultaneously, I've decided to put my full remaining attention on completing ARENA.
  • Instead of the console-based project that is pushed back to 2023, I am working on another project that revolves around composing my own custom music tracks as it proved to better suit my available timetable. There will be a total of 12 music tracks. The tracks have been finished so far, and I hope to finish the complimentary video's between now and end of 2022. All of the 12 video's will be released at once on YouTube in 12 separate video clips. A summary of the 12 video's will be uploaded on Vimeo. 
  • This so-called music project will also be the main subject of the second installment of APPOVTALK, which is planned to release shortly after the release of the music project to give a behind the scenes insight about the project. Yes, don't worry! I have not forgotten about APPOV Talks. In fact, I have a lot of these talks planned as I can never seem to be able to shut up about videogames, machinima, filmmaking and technology. It just requires a lot of time to produce these.
  • The name of the music album and thus the project will be 'Pixelated Soundwaves'.
  • I don't have a exact release date for the album so far. Expect September - October - November, but don't pin me down on it.
  • Find one more small teaser for ARENA underneath:

 SSee you in the next update!


Comments